Ewa Sonnet Love

2014 Oscars After Parties Best Dressed
Well this is going to be a monster of a post. Settle in folks. Let's chat through the best of the gowns that the great and good of Hollywood wore to the 2014 Vanity Fair (and other) Oscars after parties. And after all the pale prettiness of the main event, I was delighted with the riot of colour at these events. The best of these was Evan Rachel Wood, in emerald green Elie Saab. WOW. And my favourite Elizabeth Banks was amazing in racy and feathery Jenny Packham, which I was absolutely delighted by. Oh, and let's not forget Leslie Mann, who wore sunshine in a dress with her own Jenny Packham dress. Go the Jen-Pack!
Special mention goes to colour-wearer Allison Williams, who wore a pink, open-back Emilia Wickstead Fall 14 dress, hot off the runway. She accessorised with her brand new diamond engagement ring. Congrats! Doesn't she look so wonderfully happy? Yay!
I personally loved a couple of weirder dresses. Rashida Jones in Valentino was gorgeous for my tastes, and I just adored Nikki Reed in a print kimono by Naeem Khan. I think a bit of adventure for after parties is fantastic, and this is a wonderful contrast to the GOWNS.
Not necessarily so adventurous, but beautiful never-the-less, was Emmy Rossum who was exquisite in Monique Lhullier, including those AWESOME booties from the runway. Amy Adams was a goddess in Carolina Herrera and Lupita Nyong'o was sassy and pretty in a beaded Miu Miu dress that she wore out of obligation as a face of the brand. Clever girl to save it for an after party...
Jennifer Lawrence changed from the Dior into a challenging mini dress by Tom Ford. Again, I don't really love this. As is the case with most Tom Ford mini dresses. Urgh. Sheer side panels, blah, blah. Let's all just move on now with this.
I'd much rather talk about the exquisite beauty that is Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Cushnie et Ochs. The softest lilac. The sheer for a purpose. The undeniable pretty. Love it.
The brigade in black did us goth-lovers proud. I think that the Zuhair Murad that Kate Hudson is wearing continues her stupendous winning streak. I could have had a smidge more black than the nude, but, seriously, look at this! The edgy Valentino lace on Diane Kruger is off-set by the cutesy braided hair that looks authentic on this ice-blonde German. I am a fan of this look for sure. And Penelope Cruz did a second solid style in her H+M custom gown. Very good.
But not so good as this epic photo bomb that Jared Leto pulled on Anne Hathaway. Her reaction to which made me acknowledge that she is not humourless and suddenly I loved this Viktor + Rolf column dress on her. Funny that.
Idle Talk: