Ewa Sonnet Love

Cannes 2012 amfAR Gala Red Carpet Best Dressed
Last night there was a big party in Cannes. Well there are parties every night, to be fair, but this one is a biggie. The amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala that raises lots of money for an excellent cause. And is attended by the great and the good. So let's pick out those that turned up looking great. Starting with the big colour of the night — red. As in the red AIDS ribbon. Perfectly appropriate. And how typical of Kylie Minogue to get it pitch perfect in her Pucci dress with sheer panels. Petra Nemcova also looked magnificent in her red gown and Berenice Bejo redeemed herself in this Giambattista Valli couture gown which was absolutely lovely.
I know there were a lot of dresses that I was supposed to like, but I didn't really. Or they were just fine. I thought that Doutzen Kroes needs a real round of applause as the only one so far to make Versace look good on the 2012 Cannes red carpet. Lovely in white. The incredible Julianna Margulies was beautiful in L'Wren Scott black and as usual Karolina Kurkova wore gold sequin. This time by Roberto Cavalli. And as much as it irks me, looks amazing. Again.
Then there was Kristen Dunst in Louis Vuitton. This is not her best look from Cannes so she just gets a special mention due to the fact that it is pretty, on trend and modest. The same sort of logic applies to Nina Dobrev who looked very pretty in Elie Saab sequin — with my preferred side split and great Jimmy Choo heels. Definitely special. And I am going to go ahead and be so bold as to award Kim Kardashian a special mention too. After just saying yesterday that I never use her on the blog. I mean this is lovely. It fits. It is elegant. The colour is great on her. And it is Elie Saab too. I don't see any reason to leave her out. Go Kim.
So who was your favourite? I am secretly sticking with Diane Kruger in Chanel, but out of this lot, I think I am going with Berenice for when she gets it right, she gets it very, very right.
Idle Talk: