Ewa Sonnet Love

Emma Watson Covers New York Times Style Magazine, T, August 2012
Quick overview: I have never read or watched a Harry Potter. I have always been a bit perplexed by people's affection for Emma Watson. And the idea that she is a great beauty or fashion plate. I mean, don't get me wrong, she seems to be a nice enough girl-next-door variety of person. A bit bland. A bit beige. You know?
And then in my holidays earlier this month, my godchild forced me to watch one of the HP movies. I lasted about twenty minutes before I had to leap up and change the subject. I just couldn't bear the earnest overacting. Especially from Miss Emma. Sorry.
Now she appears on the cover of one of the great style magazines of the world, The New York Times, T Magazine. Which has given us some of the most beautiful and dramatic of covers over the past year. And this is what they put on it. Seriously?? Blahhh.
She wears some amazing clothes. Ralph Lauren, Armani, Isabel Marant, Burberry, and my personal favourite, this androgynous look from Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons worn with Ance shoes.
And yet. Not even the clothes can save this whole story from the dullness of it all. Or do you seen beauty where I don't? Do you love this? Am I just not getting it? Please let me know.
Idle Talk: