Ewa Sonnet Love

Jennifer Lopez Covers US InStyle September 2012
In the annual September issue wars, it is inevitable that someone is going to snag singer, dancer, actress Jennifer Lopez. Mostly because she is utterly awesome. But I would have expected the images to have been just a tad more, um, dramatic. You know?
I mean on the cover she is wearing Givenchy. Almost always a bit edgy. And inside she is wearing a leather Ferregamo skirt in one image and a leather bloody cape by Valentino in another. A cape I tell ya. And yet it all still seems safe.
Yes, I have just referred to an outfit comprising a leather cape and a see-through lace bodysuit (Dolce & Gabbana of course) as safe. But it is for our J-Lo. It is tame and pretty and will never offend the conservative middle of America at which it is aimed. But for me, it's a pass. I don't like it. And I can't believe I am saying that about a Jennifer Lopez editorial. Soz 'n chips.
Idle Talk: