Ewa Sonnet Love

Who Wore Monique Lhullier Best? Zooey Deschanel or Leslie Mann?
Source: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America
This is a super-cute dress by Monique Lhullier. It comes in several colours including electric blue and tangerine. Perfect trend colours. And it has a leather inset waistband. Ka-pow on the trend barometer. First, one of our favourite hipsters, Zooey Deschanel, wore it. It was to the Teen Choice Awards I believe, and people didn't love it. I did.
REUTERS /BRET HARTMAN /LANDOV
Then the brilliantly subtle and hilarious actress Leslie Mann (wife of Judd Apatow) wore the dress to a premier earlier this week. And I may have even liked it more. Obviously the fact that it has pockets is a winner. And the fact that the joy of the dress is in the construction, the making of it, as opposed to putting the pressure on the wearer to make it work. I love that. But who looked better? My vote is going unusually to Leslie in the tangerine. Yours?
Idle Talk: