Ewa Sonnet Love

2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed in Yellow
As you can imagine, today is 2012 Emmy Red Carpet Day on the blog. It would have been yesterday, obviously, but it was a public holiday here in SA and I was a bit busy having a lie in. So here we go. Kicking off with dresses in the first trend colour of the night — yellow. And my favourite favourite was unquestionably the delightful Leslie Mann in Naeem Khan. Stunning. And with pockets. There was some carping about her turquoise jewellery, but I got it. She did no wrong in my eyes. As usual.
Also looking all kinds of fabulous was Julie Bowen in neon yellow Monique Lhullier. Bold colour choice that made up for being not that flattering to her skin tone by being stunning. It's the first dress Julie has worn that has really suited her personality. Sun-shiney.
Claire Danes looked absolutely sensational in the pictures. Lanvin for pregnancy. Who knew it could work? But on TV this was a bit of a shambles. Great from the front, all over the place from every other angle. But she won so what does she care.
Kaley Cuoco wore Angel Sanchez with a twist peplum and a mussy side plait. It was nice. Not brilliant or special, but very nice. For a nice girl.
The most delightful of all new girls is Hannah Simone. She also wore yellow. A softer yellow with some hidden splits that speak of a classy sexy. It is Emilio Pucci so it must be Hannah that gives it that vibe as Pucci puts it all out there. Good girl. I like. (Just BTW I did not like Zooey Deschanel's princess dress. I like her very much, but not that dress.)
And finally there was Julianne Moore. Did I save the best for last. Or is this a frock-horror? I haven't quite decided. There seems to be just altogether too much yellow. Too much of a good thing. I mean it is Dior. And that skirt is amazing. But the bodice strapping? And the long sleeve? Not sure. So it is over to you. Vote on Julianne's dress. Love or loathe?
Idle Talk: