Ewa Sonnet Love

Candice Swanepoel Half Naked In the Sand to Dead Can Dance
South African supermodel Candice Swanepoel has just released the second of three personal videos that she is using to promote her new website www.candiceswanepoel.com. Which is a stroke of genius really as I wouldn't have gone onto her site had it not been for the video. Wait. Let me clarify. I was super stoked about her use of music. No really. It is by 4AD band Dead Can Dance and probably released around the late 80s or very early 90s. It's what I lived and breathed in those days. It was called alternative music then. Before alternative music became alternative rock. Pah!
I wonder what 20 year old me would have thought about the music of the great Dead Can Dance being used for a video featuring Candice writhing around on the sand. I was a rabid feminist back then, and took my music VERY seriously. I am glad that 2013 me is a bit more relaxed about these things and can appreciate how clever it is to use this music, since there are all of about ten of us in the entire world that will watch this video AND know the band. So very fresh indeed. And just for the record, I am still a feminist, of course, just one with a bit more rational perspective. As you were. Enjoy.
Idle Talk: