Ewa Sonnet Love

Julianne Moore in Givenchy for Carrie Premier
First of all, although I was somehow subliminally aware that they were remaking classic horror film Carrie, I hadn't really thought about it. Now that I have, I hate the idea. Why would it need a remake? Having said all that, I do think that one of the stars of the remake, Julianne Moore, looks pretty good in this white draped Givenchy dress at the premier this week.
Looking at the dress, I actually like it about as much as I do the idea of the remake of Carrie. It is not a great dress. It all looks a bit unresolved and unfinished to me. Julianne is better than the dress and lends it some depth and power. So in that sense she looks good. But the dress is not the winner and really should have been much, much better. When bad dresses happen to good people...
Idle Talk: