Ewa Sonnet Love

Comments Please: Anne Hathaway for US Vogue, December 2012
I have been avoiding this cover. Yes, I know. I have been avoiding a VOGUE cover. Who knew? I just really, really don't like it. Without any real justification. As I like to say, I just don't like the cut of it's jib. Not feeling it. It's Anne Hathaway. With her creamy heaving bosom and doe eyes all present and correct and a pretty emerald gown and all that guff. In theory all good and well. And yet....
And then it gets worse — for me anyway. Inside are these weird pictures. And by weird, I don't mean not pretty. I just mean unexpected in an unexpectedly not-great way. It just all looks so desperate to be pretty and different and for Vogue. On a day when no one else was feeling it either.
It is all just so THESPIAN. Not fashion. Acting. And I don't care how many times Tyra says that all models need to be actresses, it does not translate into all actresses being models. And this is just one of those. It doesn't work. It looks like a strange college art project. And I am not happy about it. I feel let down. How about you guys? Do you like it? Can you explain why you don't any better than I? If so, please have at it. I would love to hear your opinions. Over to you.
Idle Talk: