Ewa Sonnet Love

Rihanna Style — The Highs and the Lows
Splash
I have had an ongoing battle with Rihanna and her style all year. From the desperate depths of her see-through lace bra on the streets of New York, to her magnificent white slink of a gown on the MTV VMA red carpet. There have been highs and lows. And now, all in one night, we have seen the best and worst of these. Although there were rather too many 'highs' for my liking. Let me explain. Rihanna attended a ceremony on Wednesday night, where she was awarded something. And to the event she wore a stunningly chic cocktail out fit comprising an elegant Dolce & Gabbana skirt, Alaia booties and a vest top from The Row. Pitch perfect and looking good.
Afterwards, to celebrate, Rihanna attended a Halloween party, at which she dressed up as the Bride of Marijuana. Awesome. Why? It's not funny. The colour doesn't suit you. It smacks of that attention-seeking desperation that hangs about you. And, oh, it doesn't exist. It isn't an actual thing. So I ask again, why? I don't expect Rihanna to be chic all the time. I love her equally when she is wearing skinny jeans or short shorts and a crop top. But this. This is just a hot mess of dispair. And all I feel is sad. Especially when her dreadful beating-possibly-on-again-boyfriend celebrated Halloween dressed as a terrorist. Yes. A terrorist. Amazing.
Idle Talk: